In this WebQuest you will select and research three topics related to the health of the Chesapeake Bay. You will then select one of the topics that you find the most interesting to create a public service project that will inform the Glenwood community about the importance of the issue. Remember that the Chesapeake Bay is in peril and is relying on you to help its issues be known! Your public service announcement may be in the form of a weebly webpage, a presentation, or other appropriate format. All projects will be shared with the local community so make sure that you do your best!
- First, you and your table will follow the directions on the Group Assignment Sheet. To make sure that all issues facing the bay are covered, your table will be splitting up the issues so that each person at your table selects a topic under the following subjects: Pollution, Native Animals, and Bay Ecosystems.
- Now you must become an expert on the issues that you selected in order to be able to help inform the public. You will use the 'Research Resources' to answer all of the questions in the 'Chesapeake Bay Research Questions' packet.
- When you are finish answering the questions, turn your paper into Mrs. Marquart. After turning in your paper you have been deemed an expert on the Chesapeake Bay's issues and you are now ready to create your Public Service Announcement.
- Retrieve the directions and rubric for the final project from the round center table.
- You must also look at the 'Final Project' page on this site for further directions and guidance.
- Once you complete the final project you will complete the 'Service Project Submission' form on the 'Final Project' page.
- When you have submitted your final project, go to the 'Conclusion' page and fill out the survey.